Thursday, August 14, 2014

I Met the Deadline!

 Starting my day with a fresh cup of coffee and these beauties.

Today is the day I've been preparing for 
for the past seven weeks. 
 My first official art quilt is finished, 
and I met the application deadline for the 
annual juried quilt show called

My past seven weeks have been consumed with:
sketches and cartoons
hand applique, reverse applique and fused applique
18 colors of thread
batiks and silks
and
a thoroughly joyful process.

Avoiding potential disqualification,
I'm refraining from showing you the quilt just yet. 
What I can share is that it tells not only my personal story, 
but one that is universal. I dig that.  
Should the quilt be accepted into this juried show, 
I believe I could safely reveal in October, once the show opens.
If it's denied, then I'll show it as soon as possible.
I love it, and I can't wait to share it with you!

 Last week, I showed you three bobbins of singles,
and I promised to show you all three plied together. 

Above: Fat Cat Knits, BFL, 3 ply, 844 yards (!)

Below: Bobbin ends, Fat Cat and IntoTheWhirled, 3 ply
 Below, 900 yards slung over another of my favorite coffee spots.
Wish me and my art quilt luck!
I'll let you know the results as soon as I hear. 

What are you working on?
I'd love to hear!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope that you have to share the photo later rather than sooner! I'm sure that it is worth every minute of the effort that you put into it! Luck!!

    ReplyDelete