Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Hello, Planetarium

 I am smitten by Planetarium

Over the weekend at the Finger Lakes Lavender Festival  
my friend Marjorie and I met Esther Yaloz, 
textile designer and owner of Planetarium.

Esther is as lovely as her work, and I just couldn't 
leave the festival without an item to covet from her booth. 
If you're in the area, she also sets up shop at 
the Ithaca Farmer's Market about every other Sunday, 
although it's best to follow her on Facebook for 
updates on where she's selling. 
Esther also sells online, here.

Many of you are so kind to ask about my adorable 
and spunky 3 year old neice, Fabrizia,
a.k.a. Breezy.

Jeff and I were fortunate to spend four days with her 
over the Fourth of July holiday. Every day brought 
fishing, reading, swimming and roasting marshmallows!
With a little help from her Uncle Jeff, she caught at least 
a half dozen fish in Keuka Lake. She even pulled out the worms 
from the worm bucket. Impressive!

For the past few weeks I have set aside all work in the studio
so that I can focus on a mid-August deadline for 
Quilts=Art=Quilts 2014.
The work is thrilling to me, albeit slow and steady.
It will be a few more weeks before the studio gets back to 
normal, if there even is a normal? 

In the mean time,
I'd love to hear what you're working on this summer!


2 comments:

  1. Oh my, how Breezy has grown! And fishing!

    I checked out Planetarium's site, and I must say that am smitten too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They grow up so fast, don't they?
      Glad you found your way to Esther's site - I've not let my new pencil bag out of my sight!

      Delete