Wednesday, April 9, 2014

New Class at Cinch!


I'm thrilled to be teaching my bookmaking workshop
at Cinch on Saturday, April 26th!
There's still plenty of time to sign up, 
and with enough interest 
I'll happily teach it again.

There truly is something magical about making one's own book. 
I hope to see you there!

Last week, I began documenting my latest quilt adventure,
Lost and Foundand here's an update:
I settled in to the chain piecing and pressing.
I found it relaxing, enjoyable and so worth
the time and care.
Next, I squared up each block to measure 5.75".
As I trimmed this particular block,
something caught my eye.
Barely visible evidence of something that was.
Can you see the double row of needle holes in the pink square?
A piece of trim? A hem?
One of the things that intrigues me most about 
these anonymously pieced blocks
is the mystery life each fabric lived before
being cut up and made anew.

I'm anxious to see what's next for this quilt top.
Stay tuned!

April is suddenly a whirlwind of teaching classes, taking classes, 
shop hopping, quilting, sewing and much more.
Come back to catch all the fun!


2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited by the prospect of your book making class. Think that I may actually be around to take it!

    I too love to wonder at the previous life of things that I hold in my hands - such an enchanted mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're back, safe and sound! Yes, let's make books. :)

    ReplyDelete